Gater Investigations’ Investigators understand that Domestic Investigations can be emotionally distressing and we GUARANTEE a discreet and confidential investigation. We conduct surveillance of Spousal or Teen Activity, conduct background investigations of domestic employees and investigate cases of suspected elder abuse. In the elder abuse investigations, we attempt to obtain hidden video evidence of the incident, and we consult with a medical doctor who assists in analyzing all data recovered. In ALL of our investigations we use the latest investigative technology and provide a comprehensive report that allows you to make informed decisions
Missing Person and Records Located
We can find missing persons anywhere in the Canada. Locating missing persons is a challenge and requires expertise. Gater Investigations is highly successful in this effort. Whether you want to locate a natural parent, family member, child support owing ex-spouse, long lost friend, classmate, relative, military buddy or ex-mate, we have the capability and the resources to find them.
Stalking is a crime which Canadian criminal law calls criminal harassment. It is clearly defined at section 264 of Canada's Criminal Code. The Code states that no person shall, without lawful authority and knowing that another person is harassed (or recklessly as to whether the other person is harassed):
- Repeatedly follow the other person, or anyone known to them, from place to place;
- Repeatedly communicate with, either directly or indirectly, the other person or anyone known to them;
- "Beset" or watch a place where the other person is visiting, lives or works; or
- Engage in threatening conduct directed at the other person or any member of their family.
According to Statistics Canada
- Just over one-half of stalking cases involving a partner resulted in police laying charges, a lower percentage than other cases of spousal violence
- In Canada, 51% of criminal harassment charges that are stand-alone charges end up being stayed or withdrawn
- Convicted stalkers received a prison sentence of over 6 months in only 4% of criminal harassment cases
Gater Investigations will collect evidence and testify in court to support a restraining order, as well as ensure that the subject adheres to the order. Should the subject continue their harassing behavior, video and/or other evidence would be obtained to pursue criminal charges. The punishment for stalking is up to 5 years in jail.